What is AfterCovid.City?AfterCovid.City is a research initiative that co-organises hyper-local events and workshops in partner cities,, celebrating social proximity in times of physical distance, reclaiming the role of people and places to shape a post-covid world for the better.
Who is the team behind AfterCovid.City?AfterCovid.City has been instigated by Placemaking Europe in collaboration with partner cities and organisations.
How do I get a ticket?Our next event will be Superilla Barcelona (October 5th - 7th, 2021). There will be a limited number of seats on site, but your ticket will grant you digital access to all sessions via streaming. You can book your ticket via this direct link as soon as they become available.
How much does a ticket cost?As we are dedicated to ensuring that Superilla Barcelona is inclusive and welcoming for all, the tickets are pay-what-you-can! :) We motivate you to pay what you are able to based on your situation and consider adding more for those that do not have the means to contribute anything monetary donation to offset our hours and production costs.
What is the programme for the event?Great question! We know you are excited for knowledge sharing, connecting with others, and interactive panels, as are we ;) The specifics of the programme will be released in due time, and the overall programme is outlined below:
- Partner City Round Table Dialogue
- Local Placemaking Discussion and Debates in cities all over Europe and beyond
- Online thematic & momentum building discussions facilitated by Placemaking Europe Board Members
7 thematic sessions mirroring the natural rhythm of life in the city. Global streaming & hyper-local conference.
- Cafe & Networking
- Opening Words
- Session 1: The Liveable & Lovable City
- Session 2: The Connected City
- Session 3: The Productive City
- Session 4: Mayors' Dialogue
- Session 5: The Inclusive City
- Session 6: The Healthy City
- Session 7: The Vibrant City
- Closing Words
- After Hours DJ Set - Party & celebration
- Hyper-local workshops in Partner Cities
- Hyper-local tactical urbanism in Partner Cities
- Drafting the AfterCovid.City Charter Workshop
For general questions, please contact
For city partnerships, please contact
What is the AfterCovid.City Charter?A co-created charter outlining public space for recovery that is based on the forthcoming research, contributions from participants authoring articles under the initiative and participation from the charter creation workshops that apply the same methodology. This charter will include policy commitments for recovery in relation to housing and planning, social infrastructure, mobility and accessibility, culture, digital city, living and jobs, creative bureaucracy, health and wellbeing and climate action; we seek to motivate decision makers into positive action for our post-covid cities.
When will more contributing trailblazers' names be released?Contributors’ names are released in the months leading up to the events. For the upcoming event of Superilla Barcelona happening Oct 5th - 7th, 2021, the names will be updated throughout August and September 2021. Please check back regularly and keep your eyes out for our updates in the newsletter, the website, and our social media platforms. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we hone the programme further and align shared interests with our valued collaborators.
How do I get involved as an individual?
- Participate in leading up webinars, discussions, and online events.
- Take the online survey geared at researching how cities have been reacting to the pandemic.
- Share a great story, intervention or tool. Be featured on our AfterCovid.City BLOG. Do you have a best practice that helped shape your city for the better in response to the pandemic? Or even an intervention that tried out a public space strategy with reflections on how it went and some key lessons? We’d love to know! Your story can be officially included in AfterCovid.City on our communication channels. To share a great story or intervention in AfterCovid.City, email us
- Register to attend Superilla Barcelona on October 5th - 7th, 2021.
- Partake in the AfterCovid.City Charter Workshop during October - you can organise this yourself with collaborators in your network or area, and share your input to the global audience at the end of the workshop.
- Organise a local watch party for our upcoming events. With Superilla Barcelona, you can tune in with a hyper-local watch party in your city square, park, venue, rooftop, etc. throughout the three days of programmed panels, debates, and exciting key notes. You can do this as it suits you best; at a variety of scales, whether that be with local sponsors using AV equipment, or more grassroots using phones to stream the main day sessions. If you have any questions on how to organise a watch party for AfterCovid.City, email us.
- Test public space tools yourself. Join in to tactically test placemaking tools in your city! We will share a handful of tool application options and manuals that you can choose from and try out in a specific context. From this practical exercise, we are excited to learn from your reflections and experience in order to get feedback into our network's tool development and also incorporate it into a globally oriented strategy to shape the post-covid world. If you would like to test tactical placemaking tools in your area surrounding the Superilla Barcelona dates, or anytime, email us. We would be pleased to collaborate with you and feature your implementation and insights on our blog.
- Share the AfterCovid.City movement and our collaborating events on your digital platforms:
@aftercovid.city @placemaking_europe #placemaking4recovery #aftercovidcity
Check out the “Get involved” section on our website and for any further questions, contact us at email@example.com!
How do I get involved to represent my city?Propel the quality of your city's physical public space, social community cohesion, and organisational processes forward through intimate and directed cross-city exchanges and collaboratively work on your local challenges for sustainable solutions!
For more information on how to become a partner city in AfterCovid.City, contact:
AfterCovid.City Project Leader,
Director of Placemaking Europe
How do I spread the word to my network?Share the AfterCovid.CIty movement and festival on your digital platforms.
Please use these tags and hashtags as follows to tap into our message:
@aftercovid.city, @placemaking_europe, #placemaking4recovery , #placemakingeurope, #aftercovidcity
Who can I reach out to to get more information?